Known as the birthplace of Silicon Valley, the HP Garage is a symbol of innovation and entrepreneurism. College friends Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard purchased the garage in 1938 as a workspace to develop their own company, and the modest building served as a research lab and a development and manufacturing workshop. However, the garage was quickly outgrown, and the company moved to a larger headquarters. The property is currently listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Although the garage is not open for public tours, feel free to observe and photograph the property from the street and imagine the electronics pioneers chasing their dreams of innovation.
The house is located at 367 Addison Ave., Palo Alto.